Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) provides an unrivalled education in Electronics and Communication engineering and Embedded System (ES) to our graduates and post graduate students. Department started Under Graduate program with an intake of 60 in the year 2003. The Post Graduation Programme was started with an intake of 10 in the year 2013. Presently, the department of Electronics & Communication Engineering offers four-year B.Tech programme in ECE admitting for 120 students and two-year M.Tech programme in ES admitting for 24 students. It also admits twelve lateral entry students of diploma holders to the third semester in ECE.
The aim of the department is to help the students develop the ability and mental precision necessary to analyze, interpret and disseminate knowledge to be creative in ECE. The department has a highly qualified dedicated faculty and technical staff committed to teaching and towards research and development. Besides all, the department of ECE has well equipped laboratories with the most modern facilities. Besides providing strong fundamentals in basic Sciences and Engineering subjects, greater emphasis is made to enable our students to acquaint with rapidly evolving technologies like VLSI and Embedded Systems, Analog and Digital Signal Processing, Microwave and Mobile Communications etc.
The department takes keen interest in organizing workshops, seminars, conferences, paper contest, project contest, pre-placement training and Faculty development programs (FDP) for the benefit of student and faculty members on a regular basis. All the students of ECE department gainfully placed in reputed organizations or they opt for higher studies in India or Abroad.
Department of of Electronics and Communication Engineering is accredited by the ISO 9001:2008. The department has professional bodies ISTE, IETE and IEEE impart latest knowledge in the students by making them participate in the different events. The Faculty of ECE follows outcome based education model to ensure best possible to impart final outcome. Department believes in the constant development by taking feedback from students, parents, Industries, Professional bodies, and alumni for the further improvements in the departments.
- ECE department motto:
“Progress through Knowledge…….Progress to Excellence”
- Laboratories and other facilities
As per the Calicut University syllabus laboratory education is an important part of the engineering curriculums. Department of ECE has seven laboratories which represent to the curriculums for different semesters. With the rapidly changing technological trends in the field the department constantly modernizes its infrastructure facilities to keep abreast. At present the Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering constitutes of following labs:
1.Basic Electronics Lab
2.Digital and Communication Lab
3.Advanced Communication Lab
4.Microprocessor and Microcontroller Lab
5.VLSI & Advanced Simulation Lab
7.PG Embedded System Lab
The lab includes some of the latest versions software and hardware such as Xilinx, Spartan FPGA Kits, μVision KEIL IDE & ARM, OrCAD, MATLAB, DSP Controllers, Digital Storage Oscilloscope etc.
Note: CLICK here to know more about Course and Admissions
- VISION of the Department
To progress through the Centre of Excellence in education of Electronics and Communication Engineering to develop professionals imbued with the advancing technological knowledge and human ethics.
- MISSION of the Department
To emerge as a world class center of learning in Electronics and Communication Engineering to nurture the spirit of innovation and creativity among faculty and students with continuous improvement to meet the management objective and societal commitment.
- Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Programme Educational Objectives of UG and PG program in the stream of Electronics and Communication Engineering as well as Embedded Systems are listed below:
Our graduate will provide sound foundation of technical knowledge in electronics & communication engineering as well as embedded systems fundamentals necessary to analyze, formulate and solve engineering problems for the nation development and progress.
Our graduate will have admirable leadership qualities, professional values with management and ethical principles that can addresses environmental issues and other engineering disciplines in an innovative manner.
Our graduate will continue the habit of lifelong learning for professional development from higher education courses, industrial training, and contribute towards research and development in the field of electronics, communication, embedded Systems and other associated areas of engineering.
- Programme Outcomes (POs)
The outcomes of departments are that the students after successful completion of the course will acquire:
1. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering as appropriate to the field of electronics & communication engineering practice.
2. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret the data in a realistic scenario.
3. An ability to design an electronics & communication system and embedded system devices that meets desired specifications and requirements.
4. An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems related to electronics technology.
5. Ability to think analytically with logical reasoning and problem solving skill that is relevant to software tools of ECE/ ES.
6. Ability to use modern modeling and simulation technique and computing tools.
7. An ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
8. An ability to understand professional and ethical responsibilities towards management goals and nation building.
9. An ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing using the English language.
10. An ability to understand the importance of continuous improvement and to keep current developments in the specific field of practice.
11. An ability to utilize the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary to analyze electronics & communication engineering problems.
12. An ability to apply creativity in support of the design of electronic circuits, equipment, components, sub-systems and systems.
13. An ability to recognize the effects of the engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context and adapt to emerging applications in engineering and technology.
14. An ability to use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
15. An understanding of the effects of the engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
16. An ability to design system components or processes to satisfy the needs of the society within realistic constraints such as economical, social, political, ethical, health, safety and manufacturing.