Vidya Academy of Science & Technology
A unit of Vidya International Charitable Trust
About the Conference
The MCA Department of Vidya Academy of Science and Technology, Thrissur, jointly with the Computer Society of India (CSI) and Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), is organising the National Conference on Advances in Computing Technology (NC-ACT 2020) during 3 - 4 December 2020. The Conference is intended to provide a forum for researchers, faculty members and Post-Graduate scholars in universities, engineering colleges and other higher education institutions in India to present their research/review papers in a broad spectrum of areas related to Computer Applications/Science/Technology before a wide cross-section of academia and to interact with experts in computing technology. Due to the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic situation, the conference will be conducted in the online mode using video-conferencing platforms.
Call for papers
Researchers, faculty members and Post-Graduate scholars in universities, engineering colleges and other higher education institutions in India are invited to submit and present original unpublished research/ review papers on topics covered under broad areas such as (but not limited to) the following:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Image Processing
- Machine Learning
- Cloud Computing
- Data Science and Analytics
- Data Mining
The papers must be original and should not have been previously published or under consideration for publication. Authors are requested to submit full text of the paper to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Authors will be informed about the acceptance of selection of papers based on the recommendations of the review committee.
The authors of the selected papers will have to present their papers via online platform. They are requested to present the papers with necessary slide-show support.
The links for making the presentations will be intimated along with intimation of acceptance of paper for presentation.
Highlights of the Conference
- A high-profile keynote talk by Dr P J Narayanan, Director, IIIT Hyderabad. IIIT Hyderabd is the first International Institute of Information Technology to be established and is known for its excellence in research, extraordinary academic exposure and strong coding culture.
- A deeply insightful keynote address by Dr K P Soman, Professor, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore. Dr Soman, a top academician and an author of several books including one titled “Insight into Data Mining” which has been translated to Chinese, is currently heading the Department of Computational Engineering and Networking in Amrita.
- An awareness creation talk on patents in software technology by Mr Rajasekhar R, former Patent Supervisor, Honeywell Inc. Mr Rajasekhar has had a decade of experience in handling patents in a Fortune 500 MNC. This talk is being arranged in pursuance of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's exhortation for creating an Atmanirbhar Bharat and the initiatives of Govt of India in strengthening the patent regime in India as an important tool for realising the dream of Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- A special address by a software industry insider Mr Roshin Kannoth, Senior Project Manager, Infosys Ltd, Mysore.
- An expert talk on data anonymisation by Dr Jisha Jose Panackal, Professor, Sacred Heart College, Thrissur, who has done extensive research in this area of privacy protection.
- An experience sharing talk by Mr Navaneeth Vengallur HTS, Bengaluru, on data analytics and visualisation.
- A post-conference talk by Dr V N Krishnachandran, Vice Principal and Head of Department of Computer Applications, Vidya Academy of Science and Technology, Thrissur, on “Ramanujan in Computing” as a tribute to the legendary Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan (22 December 1887 – 26 April 1920) in the centenary year of his death.
Publication of papers
All the papers presented in the Conference will be published in the Proceedings of the Conference. Papers selected for presentation will be required to be submitted in the LaTeX format using the IEEEtran document style (or, IEEE word format for conference proceedings) for inclusion in the Proceedings. The Proceedings, with an ISBN, will be published in the electronic form. Selected papers of high quality will be recommended for publication in indexed journals.
- There is no registration fee for participating in NC-ACT 2020.
- Since the Conference is being organised in the online mode, there are some restrictions on the number of participants. In order to avoid disappointment, those who intend to participate are requested to register early.
- Interested persons can register via the registration form available at the link bit.ly/NC-ACT2020-Registration
Participation certificates in the electronic format will be awarded to all the registered participants who have attended the Conference.
|Registration opens on||:||28 October 2020|
|Registration closes on||:||11 November 2020|
|Last date for submission of full text of paper||:||23 November 2020|
|Notification of acceptance of paper for presentation||:||27 November 2020|
|Dates of NC-ACT 2020||:||03 – 04 December 2020|
|Post-conference talk||:||05 December 2020|
|Last date for submission of paper in IEEE format||:||11 December 2020|
|Date of publication of Proceedings||:||TBA|
|Link to Conference website||:||bit.ly/NC-ACT2020|
|Links for talks and paper presentations||:||TBA|
|Coordinator (Ms Salkala K S)||:||Mob: 9747552526|
|Co-Coordinator (Mr Dijesh P)||:||Mob: 9745032101|
1. Dr Santosh Prasannan, Chairman, VICT
2. Er P K Asokan, Chief Patron, VICT
3. Er G Mohanachandran, Executive Director, VICT
4. Mr Suresh Lal, Administration & Finance Director, VICT
5. Dr B Anil, Academic Director, VICT
1. Dr C B Saji (Principal, VAST)
2. Dr Sudha Balagopalan (Dean- Academics, VAST)
3. Dr M N Agnisarman Namboodiri (Retd Prof, GEC Thrissur)
4. Dr K B Maheswaran Nambudiripad (Visiting Professor, VAST)
5. Dr N Ramachandran (Prof & Head, ME Dept, Former Head of ME Dept, NIT Calicut)
6. Prof Dileep K (Head, PE Dept, VAST)
7. Dr Jiby Jose Kizhakepedika (Prof & Head, AS Dept, VAST)
8. Dr C Justine Jose (Prof & Head, CE Dept, VAST)
9. Dr Ramani Bai V (Prof & Head, CSE Dept, VAST)
10. Dr Mary P Varghese (Prof, EEE Dept, VAST)
11. Dr S Swapna Kumar (Prof & Head, ECE Dept, VAST)
1. Conference Chairperson: Dr V N Krishnachandran
2. Coordinator: Ms Salkala K S
3. Co-cordinator : Mr Dijesh P
a. Ms Aparna S Balan
b. Ms Jyothi P R
c. Mr Manesh D
d. Ms Reji C Joy
e. Mr Sajay K R
f. Ms Siji K B
Vidya Academy of Science & Technology
Thalakottukara P.O., Kecheri, Thrissur - 680501, Kerala, India
Phone: +91 4885 287751, 287752
Fax: +91 4885 288366
Affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University & Approved by AICTE | ISO 9001 : 2015
Copyright © 2020, www.vidyaacademy.ac.in. All Rights Reserved.