Department of Computer Applications
The Department offers the three-year post-graduate course of Master of Computer Applications affiliated to the University of Calicut. The regular academic schedule of the department is designed to provide an in-depth and thorough coverage of the topics prescribed by the University in the syllabi of the programme. In addition, the Department organizes specialized academic activities to supplement the curriculum and to enhance the competitive edge of the students in facing the challenges of securing the best placement, and also the challenges of the workplace MCA students of the college have exclusive one–to-one computing facilities through a well-furnished separate Computer Lab. Internet connectivity is available in the Lab during the office hours.
MCA students of VAST have certain exceptional advantages:
- The highly competitive and motivating ambience of an established engineering college.
- The superb physical infrastructure of a world-class institution.
- The support of an excellent Training and Placement Cell.
- Opportunities for interaction with a galaxy of committed, devoted, and experienced teaching professionals of a technological institution of higher learning.
Additional academic programmes conducted by the Department include:
- Providing facilities for getting trained under the Campus-Connect programme of Infosys Technologies Ltd.,
- Off-hours training in emerging software technologies like Java, PHP, etc with the support of the Continuing Education Cell of the college.
APJAK Technological University
To view the ordinance, regulations, curriculum and syllabi of the MCA programme of APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, click on the following links:
- APJAKTU MCA Ordinance
- APJAKTU MCA Regulations
- APJAKTU MCA Curriculum
- APJAKTU MCA Syllabus (Semester 1)
To view the regulations, curriculum and syllabi of the MCA programme of Calicut University, click on the following link:
Infrastructure for the exclussve use of the Department of Computer Applications include the following:
- A fully air-conduioned separate Computer Lab with state of the art machines equipped with a rich collection of free software
- An exclusive seminar hall with a public address system, LCD projector and other accessories
- Class rooms equipped with LCD projectors
- A Departmental Library with a collection of books for quick references and with provisions for maintaining repositories of students-created documents like project and seminar reports
- A Tutorial Room for conducting classes for smaller batches of students
Some of the activities of the department
- Orientation Programme for freshers
- Workshop on Google sites
- Workshops on LaTeX
- Workshops on Malayalam computing
- MindSparkZ : A miniserial quiz
- Chip-to-Net : Workshops for the students of neighbouring arts and science colleges
- eSpiderZ : Website creation contest
- National/International level seminars like, WebWare, NChip, PoSiCom
Kurumal, Thalakottukara P.O., Near Kaiparambu,
Thrissur - 680501, Kerala, India
Phone: +91-4885-287751 / 287752,
Sun Tower, East Fort,
Thrissur - 680005,
Phone: +91-487-2442571 / 2442572,
Vidya Academy of Science & Technology
Thalakottukara P.O., Kecheri, Thrissur - 680501, Kerala, India
Phone: +91 4885 287751, 287752
Fax: +91 4885 288366
Affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University & University of Calicut Approved by AICTE | ISO 9001 : 2015
Copyright © 2019, www.vidyaacademy.ac.in. All Rights Reserved.